Business Development Executive, North America
The Business Development Executive, North America (BDE) is a key sales role at Hedgehog, responsible for executive sales and business development strategies for target companies in North America.
The Business Development Executive will target sales of Hedgehog's entire portfolio of Digital Consulting services including Strategy, Marketing, Creative, Technology, and Managed Services. The Business Development Executive will develop revenue-producing relationships with decision-making individuals at targeted firms, as well as drive the sales cycle of all assigned sales opportunities from initial prospect communication through contract executions. The role is supported by a wide range of presales & SME talent.
The successful candidate will play a key role in increasing revenue by generating leads, qualifying prospects, negotiating terms, and managing sales of service opportunities.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work in close collaboration with pre-sales and delivery teams to ensure that proposed offerings and services fully meet customer business and technology needs
- Achieve quarterly and annual booking targets established by Head of Sales
- Execute business development offering positioning, and sales strategies as a member of the sales team for North America
- Manage the end-to-end sales process for net new opportunities including initial client communication, on-site presentations, RFI/RFP response, multi-day client workshops, negotiation, and deal signing
- Develop strong, long-term relationships and referrals with key individuals at targeted firms
- Provide support to customers during initial phases of an engagement along with following up to ensure satisfaction through the life cycle of the relationship
- Support the team's market research and competitive positioning analysis in partnership with regional pre-sales, marketing, and product development staff
- Develop new opportunities using various customer sales methods while still adhering to all Sales, Human Resources, and corporate ethics/policies
To start your journey with Hedgehog you’ll have:
- Five to eight years of relevant sales experience
- Prior experience pursuing net new accounts
- Prior experience working on web content management (WCM), ecommerce, CRM, or marketing technology solutions. Sitecore experience is preferred.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrable ability to critically think in high pressure business scenarios
- Ability to travel 20-50% of the time when required
- A highly collaborative environment that allows you to deliver innovative solutions to interesting client in diverse industries
- Industry leading teams to both collaborate with and learn from
- A culture that encourages employees to do their best work and advance their professional brand
- Competitive compensation comprised of base salary and incentives tied to achievement of sales goals
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, and short term/long term disability insurance options to suit your lifestyle
- Generous time off program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Participation in trade shoes and out-of-state events
- Fun team events like fishing trips, bowling, social gatherings, and beer and wine tasting events
If you think you’ve got the talents and expertise for this job, we want to talk to you! Send us your resume and portfolio and we can schedule a time to chat on the phone. We look forward to hearing from you.