Hedgehog is a digital consultancy specializing in healthcare, manufacturing, media, consumer brands, and travel/hospitality. Development Managers lead our technical teams and work with our clients and our technologists to satisfy client needs and requests in a timely manner while aspiring to deliver a positive client experience.
We are seeking a Development Manager to lead our development team in Portland, Oregon. The Development Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for all technology related activities for the team as well serving on client project teams. The ideal candidate will have experience leading development teams in client centric, fast paced environments.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Manage and direct activities of development team members
- Responsible for talent acquisition and professional development supporting growth of the team
- Provide weekly status updates to the Director of Development
- Lead daily team standup meetings
- Serve as technological evangelist and SME for the team
- Mentor and coach development team members
- Developing and writing high quality code aligned with client project requirements
- Estimating length and scope of development tasks for client projects
- Provide technical insight and expertise directly to our clients
- Integrating client input/requirements into project team’s tasks
- Research, evaluate, and recommend appropriate technologies aligned to project requirements
- Design and development of testing and maintenance procedures/activities
To start your journey with Hedgehog you’ll have:
- At least two years of Sitecore development experience. Other CMS experience is a plus.
- Additional exposure to one or more of the following areas: AJAX, JQuery, MVC, VSTS, SDLC, PHP, CSS, HTML5, and XML/XSL
- Active participation in activities that enhance your professional brand such as blogging, interaction on tech specific websites, or professional networking groups
- A desire to solve complex problems and assist clients in achieving their goals
- Experience working in a client centric, team development environment
- Demonstrated experience working as a team lead
You Might Also Have:
- Microsoft certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related course of study
- We Have:
- A highly collaborative environment that allows you to deliver innovative solutions to interesting clients in diverse industries
- Highly talented technologists who are recognized as leaders in their industry.
- A culture that encourages employees to do their best work and advance their professional brand
- Rewards include competitive compensation, 401K and annual incentive plan based on individual performance and company profitability
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short term/long term disability insurance options to suit your lifestyle
- Generous time off program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Participation in trade shows and out-of-state events
- Team events like fishing trips, restaurant crawls, and social gatherings
If you think you’ve got the talents and expertise for this job, we want to talk you! Send us your resume and we can schedule a time to chat on the phone. We look forward to hearing from you.